Protected by Copyscape DMCA Copyright Search

Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Tree Man's Question

How did I end up here
   Swaying with the leaves?
      I am not a monkey
   Climbing up a papaw tree.

How did I end up here
   Singing in the leaves?
      I am not a blue jay
   Nesting in an apple tree.

How did I end up here
   Searching through the leaves?
      I am not a squirrel
   Leaping in a walnut tree.

How did I meet You here
   Praying in the leaves?
      I am in awe of You
   Hanging from this Rough Old Tree.

by Nathan W. Dunlap 9-17-1998

In memory of our dear friend, Bill Anacker. We love you, Bill, and rejoice with you at your joyous homecoming. We have so many good memories of our years together, playing upwards, listening to the Lawrence Welk Show, planting flowers, listening to your stories, jumping off your 20 foot ladder and onto the swing in front of your house, so many birthday parties for children, morning devotions, on and on I could go, and I am so thankful!!

1 comment:

Sveta said...

I'm gonna miss my 3rd "Grandpa." I'm wishing we could have gone to see him one more time, but I know that I'll see him again...someday. :)

~Sveta