Protected by Copyscape DMCA Copyright Search

Saturday, July 2, 2011

To Know My Lord

My heart longs to know You, Lord.
   You, Lord, created the universe and all it contains.
   You, Lord, led the Israelites through wilderness wanderings.
   You, Lord, love the widow, fatherless, and stranger.
   You, Lord, sent Your Son to earth.
   You, Lord, rose on Easter morning, Alleluia.
   You, Lord, fill us with Living Waters.
   You, Lord, are wonderful to behold.

Bring me back to my first Love, my Lord.
   You, Lord, fashioned and nourished me.
   You, Lord, guided me through desert times.
   You, Lord, gave me love for the elderly, orphans, and foreigners.
   You, Lord, are my Good Shepherd whom I follow.
   You, Lord, are my Resurrection Joy, Alleluia.
   You, Lord, brought me to rushing mountain springs.
   You, Lord, have shown me Your Majestic Love.

All praise and honor to the Lord, God Almighty.
   You are Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

by Julie St. John  1987

No comments: