Protected by Copyscape DMCA Copyright Search

Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Servant King

Lord, You laid aside Your cloak of Glory,
    And wrapped Yourself in a towel of humility,
Placed the basin of Your love at our feet
    Knelt before us on Your knees.

Lord, wash my feet, Lord wash my feet,
Lord wash my feet.  I would be a part of Thee.
      Let me wash your feet, let me wash your feet,
      Let me wash your feet.  I want to be like Thee.

Lord, You laid aside Your throne of Glory,
     And took upon Yourself the form of a servant,
Walked the path of obedience to death,
     Even death upon the Cross.

Lord, wash my feet, Lord, wash my feet,
Lord, wash my feet.  I would be a part of Thee.
     Let me walk with Thee, let me walk with Thee,
     Let me walk with Thee.  I want to be like Thee.

by Nathan Dunlap  12-08-2000
John 3:3-15, Phil. 2:5-11

Note:  May we all draw close to Christ this Holy Week.  May we grow in joy and gratitude as we reflect on Christ's Passion. May we join in His sufferings by taking up our cross daily.  May we choose the Way of the Cross and thereby increase in endurance, patience, hope, and joy, awaiting the day of our homecoming. May we choose to be servants for Christ as we allow our feet to be washed, and as we wash the feet of others.

No comments: