Protected by Copyscape DMCA Copyright Search

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I'd Like to Go to Africa

Today
I thought
I would like
To go to Africa.

Yes, I will go to Kenya
And see if time
Has stood still
Where at least
The walk
Is on the ground
All all come
To a sudden halt
At dusk
And sounds
Come from the voice
And travel a mile or two
And strength comes from
The family
Near to you.
Yes, Today
I thought
I'd like to go to Africa.

                                                        by Sallie Lanier, May 5, 1995

Note:  I found this poem in Foreign to Familiar,by Sarah A, Lanier. Copyright 2000, page 104.  Our family is on their way to Tanzania, which borders Kenya.  We have been preparing by studying Swahili and reading up on the culture from this hot-climate country.  I am amazed that we get to go as a family to live among the East Africans.  Please keep us in prayer as we venture out of our familiar home to a foreign land.  Please pray that we will have safety, good health, and strength for each day. 

1 comment:

Murtaza Saqib said...

This is a nice poem.
Best of luck with your family's trip to Africa.
I am sure you all will enjoy this trip and will make a big difference in the lives of people in those communities.