Protected by Copyscape DMCA Copyright Search

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Rock of My Heart

Rock of my heart, and my Fortress Tower,
   Dear are Thy thoughts to me,
Like the unfolding of leaf or flower
   Opening silently.
And on the edge of these Thy ways,
   Standing in awe as heretofore,
Thee do I worship, Thee do I praise,
      And adore.

Rock of my heart, and my Fortress Tower,
   Dear is Thy love to me,
Search I the world for a word of power,
   Find it at Calvary---
O deeps of love that rise and flow
   Round about me and all things mine,
Love of all loves, in Thee I know
      Love Divine.

by Amy Carmichael, from Edges of His Ways

Note: While we lived in Tanzania, I discovered this book which had great devotional ideas and poems by Amy Carmichael. I will be sharing some of her poems this year since I find her poetry expresses the depth of Christian thought, yet in a simple way.  May you be blessed this new year in knowing God's unfailing love for you. This love of God is steadfast and sure.  God's love is the firm foundation we can rely on as we face various challenges in life. As we grow in the knowledge of God's love, we will find we are shaken less often by the circumstances we face. Happy New Year, friends.



No comments: